Sunday, October 10, 2010

How to configure bugzilla to use perl from somewhere besides /usr/bin

Whenever I install bugzilla I always build a separate perl tree just for it's use.

I do that for the following reasons:

  1. I don't like to alter the system install perl by building packages into it
  2. By having a separate perl install, I can be ensured that no one adding packages or altering the perl install will break my bugzilla install
  3. If I build my perl and bugzilla into a someone portable file system (such as /opt/bugzilla ), then I can tar up the install and install via untarring on another system (assuming same os version and architecture)



Here's the code to swap out the perl location in the scripts from the bugzilla FAQ


perl -pi -e 's@#\!/usr/bin/perl@#\!/usr/local/bin/perl@' *cgi *pl contrib/*pl

No comments: