Sunday, June 7, 2009

My First Buildbot GIT checkin to github.com

After about 1/2 day of hacking and reading various docs on the web I got the hang of pulling updates from the main branch for buildbot. Using:
git remote add upstream git://github.com/mirkoboehm/buildbot.git

I'm hoping that's correct, and it did seem to pull in changes.
I added a new argument to the CVS buildstep checkout_options, so I can add -N to the generated cvs command line.

Since one client's CVS configuration has an alias specified which has multiple directories, and buildbot's generated command line uses -d, -N is required to get the alias to work properly.
I'm hoping the pull request is accepted and then I can have that client switch to the mainline of buildbot, rather than having to patch whenever they install.

No comments: